Pages

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

The inevitable Santa question...

A few nights ago the unthinkable happened. My daughter and I were driving to her play rehearsal, when she calmly asked me if Santa Claus was a real person.

I died right there.

I knew it was time to spill the beans and it honestly made me sad. When you are old enough to know the truth about Santa, you pretty much start the crazy decent into adulthood right then and there. Okay, not really, I'm being dramatic. But still, knowing takes some of the fun out of the Holidays and I am not ready for that!

I should have seen this coming when she asked me a few months ago if the tooth fairy was real. She laughed when I told her and she thought it was awfully kind of us to give her money for losing her teeth. She also understands the importance of not ruining it for other children. She insists on helping me with the Elf on the Shelf next Christmas. She does not want Remy to know Santa isn't real.

I don't think I'll ever stop giving Santa the credit for all of those wonderful presents, because the magic is the best part.

2 comments:

  1. Awwwww. She's so cute for asking. I can't imagine being in that moment yet. I love the "start the decent into adulthood"! So true after that point, ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep it is SO sad! Christmas won't be quite the same. At least Remy still believes :)

    ReplyDelete