Pages

Monday, June 2, 2014

Summer (not quite) Break...

It is officially our first day of Summer break. That first Monday of doing absolutely nothing and enjoying every minute of freedom we have longed for has arrived! Although I find it funny that anytime I have a break or vacation, my children think it is perfectly acceptable to wake up well before 6:30 am. And for us, vacation usually means big brother has the opportunity to work (for his grandpa), so we are up early driving him where he needs to be. In this case, big brother has Summer School, and it starts at 7:30 am every day but Friday. As you can imagine, sleeping in is not something I'll be doing much of. But it will help me get some things done early out in my garden before it gets too hot, so that is a plus.

I also have glorious plans to exercise approximately 3-4 times a week. This really needs to happen as my thyroid is a big jerk, and refuses to do much of anything. I am hoping to do a spin class once a week (or yoga) or rotate both and add in some running two mornings a week. It all sounds fun, but in order to do these things I must:

a) get out of bed.

b) go to bed at a decent hour.

If I can do those two things, then I got this exercise thing in the bag!

Other fun things I am looking forward to on our Summer break involve a road trip. We are planning a vacation to see family and a friend up in the Pacific Northwest. I have not been to Oregon since I was about three and I love me some trees, so I know I will adore every minute of our trip! We are hoping to make our way up to Seattle to sightsee as well. It will be so much fun! And I am quite sure I will never want to leave once I get there...


In the meantime, M has art camp and a play. My schedule as taxi driver will be full no doubt and somewhere in the midst of it all I must find time for photo sessions, band rehearsals and repainting a bedroom... It'll all get done though. Just hand me a few gallons of espresso (kidding) and put me to work!

I hope you have a great Summer too, filled with adventures and sweet moments galore.

1 comment:

  1. a & b are my dilemmas as well! Life would go a little more smoothly if I could just get those down. Sounds like you have a terrific summer underway! I'm happy you get to escape the Bakersfield heat for a while.

    ReplyDelete