Pages

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Instant Gratification

Somewhere between high school and the birth of my second child I discovered my intense love for photography. I had always enjoyed taking pictures, whether it was with a disposable, or my beloved Canon. I find pleasure in collecting various photography related items, and coveting nearly everything on photojojo. I even have lenses for my iPhone!

A few months ago I bought a nano block camera, (as in a tiny camera made out of nano blocks) which takes lo-fi pics and video and I am looking forward to using it a lot this Summer! I find myself in awe of the ease in which we take and share pictures because it was not at all like that when I was a kid. I am a bonafide 80's child through and through. I got a Rainbow Brite doll for my 5th birthday and K-Mart still had blue light specials... That right there folks is proof enough. And during a big chunk of my childhood, we did the polaroid thing. In fact, most of the pictures in our family albums are old polaroids.

So, a few days ago I was browsing the interwebs and set my sights on the Instax Mini 8. The husband graciously allowed me to purchase it and now I am obsessed with all things polaroid! Because, well... polaroid! Sure, it isn't amazing quality, but it is fun and gives me a taste of my childhood in all of its instant camera glory! And, it will allow me to complete a few fun projects in M and R's room, which we plan on repainting and redecorating this Summer. And yes, I will be documenting the room redo!


3 comments:

  1. We were all about Polaroids growing up too! I have memories of my dad carrying around his Polaroid. He was the best at always capturing moments of us kids. Even when brad and I first started dating, I remember him whipping out the old Polaroid and taking some snapshots of us sitting on the sofa together. And thank goodness brad thought that was pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS thanks for sharing your secret on where to buy all of those fun gadgets! You are truly a natural at photography, missy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww! You are welcome! And thank you for the nice words friend. :)

    ReplyDelete