Pages

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Grand Visions...

We've lived in our house for nearly seven years. Although it is rather cozy, we are happy and I can easily look at it as having less space to clean. See? I am always looking on the bright side...
We've come a long way both inside and outside of our house. I'm ashamed to admit though that a lot of wall space is still bare and although I have the pictures and frames to fix that problem, I am indecisive and afraid of hammers. Well, my husband likes to control where we put holes in the wall. I can appreciate that. He is the expert when it comes to measuring and I happily leave those jobs up to him. But back to the house...

I have trouble deciding which part of our home is more important. Our front and side yard are my priority currently. I'm working hard on getting the side prepared for my grand vision of a path to cover the dirt and heavily weeded area. I have a raised garden on the side and have enough room for one more (which I could really use). I would also love to put a dwarf lemon tree nearby and maybe a bench for seating. The space is very tiny but I'd love to be able to enjoy whatever space we do have.
So my grand master plan has began. This week I spent a few hours digging up weeds to prep the ground for some sort of covering.
I'm looking at something similar to these:



I am still undecided and I am sure my husband would like a say since he'll probably be doing the hard work. 
Another thing worth noting...
I have major ADD when it comes to projects and I have trouble seeing a project through before wanting to start or work on something else. I am vowing to see this through at least by August when I have to return to work. I plan on posting our progress throughout Summer. It'll be fun to see the before and after and really be able to appreciate the work put into it. I guess all of those pictures that need to be framed and put up on the walls will have to wait! 

So to make it all official for the blog, here are some "before" photos...


 






It is definitely a small space but I see so much potential!
Hopefully it isn't a nightmare to complete and even if it is, at least it will be a small nightmare!
Happy Saturday!



1 comment:

  1. I'm the same way with projects except I don't like to start because I know how hard it is to follow through to the end. I'm also the same way about hanging things on the wall! If I didn't have my hubby to help, I'd be in trouble. We've got a side yard that gets no sun and is always damp. It's just dirt and we tried planting things and only weeds grow well there. We put up a gate to keep the dogs out so they wouldn't get muddy. I've wondered if we should put pavers or a wood deck or something there. Good luck with yours. I often forget to take the "before" pictures!

    ReplyDelete