Pages

Friday, September 13, 2013

Fall Gardening (First Attempt)

I've been planting a small Spring/Summer garden for the past two years and this year I am venturing out into new gardening territory with a Fall garden. Gardening has a very calming effect on me. I never thought much about gardening until about three years ago and my distrust in the FDA and GMO products led me to try my hand at growing some of my own produce. Not much variety so far but as I get more experienced, I hope to increase what I grow. Usually I neglect the garden after I harvest the last Summer crops and then it looks like a disaster until Spring gets here again. Starting this week I will prep some containers for new seeds and await the two garden boxes I am having made by a friend. She is using reclaimed wood to build planters, home decor, etc...and I can't wait to utilize her talents and make more room for new garden space. So far I am going to try planting, broccoli, spinach, kale, carrots, parsley, chives, lettuce, purple basil and italian sweet peppers. My Summer garden is still truckin' along. I have tons of jalapeƱos and poblanos to harvest in the next couple of weeks and I am going to have a salsa making weekend when I do!

I still haven't spruced up the side of my yard yet. That poor side-yard needs a lot of TLC and I don't have time or funds to make that happen just yet. Plus, I still haven't settled on a final idea for the pavers yet and my husband needs a little extra time to understand my "visions" for this space. I'm going to try to focus on my living room and kitchen walls this Fall. When I'm not gardening I will most likely be mapping out some wall space for many pictures and some art I have neglected to frame. I'll be sure to share my progress on both the garden and the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment