Pages

Friday, September 20, 2013

Cue the Jeopardy theme song...

Days turned to weeks turned to months.

This trying to conceive thing is not for the weak. I don't think I ever expected it to take this long*. My other three kids were conceived easily and without much planning. I'm almost at the point where I want to explore options with my doctor. Even though my tests have come back normal, I am not sure why a woman with such a normal cycle and no history of any medical issues related to pregnancy would have such trouble? My thyroid should be at a normal level now that I've been on my increased dose for around 8 weeks. I don't really want to add the stress of temp taking and charting ovulation since those things only make me more anxious. I've been very stress free these last few months of trying. I'd be angry but I'm too sad.

The worst part is that I have always had regular cycles. They are still pretty regular but last month I was four days late (not pregnant). This month I was a couple days late (not pregnant) and in general I can't really predict anything going on in my body any longer. Every month is a new or different symptom that could mean I'm pregnant or that my much despised visitor is about to knock on the door. Ugh.

This isn't what I expected back in March when we started trying. I hope I get answers soon. I am not very good at waiting. I am also not very good at not falling apart and for some reason I am on the verge of tears often. This is not who I want to be. So, I am trying to distract myself, find new things to dive into... I am trying to run (jog/walk) 10 miles a week. I used to love running but over the years, it was something I started loathing. Not anymore. I am setting goals and trying to get outside and have more "me" time while I jog. If I don't, I am afraid my "me" time will include mass amounts of ice cream and bad TV.

* I realize 7 months isn't as long as many women try but for me it seems like an eternity. I hate that I sound whiny and discouraged when I know friends who have had a much harder time conceiving just one child. Please don't think I am ungrateful or unappreciative. I just need to write out my feelings or I may burst.

2 comments:

  1. I think it's healthy for you to write about your frustration and sadness during this babymaking time. I'm sorry it's taking longer than you want. Hopefully, you'll be sharing some good news in the not so distant future! I think you're doing everything right and staying stress free can only help. Sending good thoughts your way for an expanded family. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I appreciate your kind words :)

    ReplyDelete