Pages

Monday, July 1, 2013

Pismo and Avila

We packed up our crap (kidding, sort of) last Thursday and set out on a drive to the coast with a fun long weekend ahead! We were minus the teenager for this trip though. It was probably for the best considering he would have had a terrible time in the car amidst the camping gear, suitcases, etc...

Pismo Beach is one of many beaches we travel to if we want to get out of the horrific Summer heat. Cloudy beaches and windy sea salt air are the cure for most things. <----write that down.
Camping at the beach is my most favorite type of camping. You have trees, beaches, working toilets and last but not least, showers! If I can squeeze in one shower while I am camping, I am a happy woman! I managed to squeeze in two!

Here is some photographic evidence of the fun we had!

Enjoying some fun and sun at Avila Beach.


He is now the beach's biggest fan. I was worried for a while after an incident when he was a toddler where a mild wave knocked him down. After that, he had always been a bit apprehensive. 



I think the ocean mesmerizes her just like it mesmerizes me.


We seriously couldn't pry him from the beach.


After a lunch break, she picked up where she left off...


They make a great team.


After we ran ourselves ragged at the beach, we paid a visit to the Farmer's market. 


My husband needed a corn fix.


So many goats, so many noises, and the kids were hysterical over the many sounds goats will make if they see food in your hands.


*Leave me to my corn...*


Making friends


Checking us out


This is how we all felt by the end of the day...


I wish I had time to share every photo but these few will have to do. I'm thankful we had a few days away from the heat here at home. Now I am washing hundreds of laundry loads and settling back into Summer break with chores and gardening. We head back out of town later this month to visit family in Northern California. I'm really looking forward to that trip as well! 


2 comments:

  1. It sure does look like you guys had fun! You're so lucky to live so close to the beach. A quick getaway can really change your entire outlook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a really great trip! Where we live it has been in the hundreds for a few weeks so the break in hot temps was nice!

    ReplyDelete