Pages

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Falling back into place...

School has begun for the kids and that means I went back to work as well. Days are once again busy and nights are far too short. Days don't seem to have enough hours and going to bed at a decent hour never seems to happens. Such is the life of a mom I suppose.

A few things have happened since I last blogged. My grandpa passed away a few days after I posted about him. His funeral was nice. Many recalled very fond memories of his kindness and eagerness to pray for anyone who needed it, and those who didn't. I was honored to sing one of his favorite hymns at the service. It was just what I needed to do and it made the day more peaceful for me.

After losing him, it took a few days to get back into the swing of things. Work started and immediately I have been chained to my car or to the kitchen table (helping with homework). I am exhausted and it has only been three full weeks. We have two kids involved in soccer and that is also making a huge dent in our schedule. Even though I can easily find things to complain about, I will choose to embrace these full days. One day when the kids are grown, I'll be begging to be so busy.

Here are some fun photos from the last few weeks...







As you can see from the photos, soccer is taking over our lives. 

I am sure that the next couple of months will fly by quickly and we will all go back to our regular non-soccer lives until next year. In the meantime, I'm officially a soccer mom and it doesn't suck. 

No comments:

Post a Comment